vs asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 2 months ago

piercing haram or not?

Hello 

I wanted to ask if a double nose piercing is haram. i already have one and i would like to get another one :) 

and also wich piercings are not haram :)

the quran says nothing about that, ..... 

I cannot recall anything specifically said about this in the Qur'an at all. You can ask around on line or research but my feelings are that I find nose piercings unsightly and dislike them intensely. I don't mind ear piercings so much if at all. There is your answer from me but this is only my opinion and I believe that the nose piercing is only haram if it is shown to non mehrams, i.e. it draws the attention of males.

“…and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31] 

When I see people with nose piercings my usual thought is "Who shot you with an air rifle?" lol?

In short, if Allah (swt) has blessed any woman with beauty why would anyone want to spoil that? The ears are away from the visage and therefore low impact. 

Please be aware that with any piercing of the body there is a potential for physical harm or injury and I would strongly recommend against certain parts of the body including the nose.

Does it not bother you what might happen if one of those nose piercings snagged on a jumper? I am cringing in my seat here.

https://oureverydaylife.com/problems-with-nose-pie...