Switching dance styles after injury.?

Hello! I'm new to this but I want help from any dancer reading this. So I've been doing ballet ever since I was little and have attended many summer intensives (Royal Ballet School, Boston Ballet, Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet, etc.) Last year I got accepted in Miami city ballet's pre-professional division but one-month in I got injured. On my time off I was DEVASTATED. My doctor told me that ballet will no longer do me good and that health comes first. It is hard for me to accept it but whenever I am taking a ballet class now (I'm 17 btw) everything is fine until I put on my pointe shoes.  I started taking contemporary for some weeks now (I have taken some classes but never really paid that much attention to it). I love dancing so much, I feel like I need to dance, even if it is not ballet, it can be contemporary. Do you believe that I could get to a professional level at this age and the previous ballet training that I have had ? Also, what are some good schools to audition to? Last but not least, is there enough jobs for this style of dance ? (I'm not American so sorry if something doesn't make sense) Thank you so much for taking the time to read this! It means a lot to me! Dancing is hard guys..!

There is way more work in contemporary dance than there is in ballet. Ballet careers usually start in your late teens but contemporary dancers usually train in BFA programs in the USA and start in their early 20s . I don’t really know how that works outside the USA but it must be similar.  

Because of Covid everything is upside down in the states. But there are many excellent programs in the states. Juilliard, NYU Tisch (if you have the grades,) Fordham/Ailey are just a few for BFA programs. Then there are stand alone schools without academics like Hubbard street in Chicago. In Philly there is Koresh dance. In NYC you have a zillion places from Ailey and Graham to Limon. Not to mention open classes at STEPS on Broadway, Peridance and Broadway dance Center. You can also take master classes with choreographers with dance companies (once the virus is over.)  If they like you they might ask you to take class with the company and from there that could lead to a job. With strong ballet a transition to contemporary dance should be relatively easy. So many professional ballet companies do contemporary pieces as you know. Plus I’m sure you got modern/contemporary training in the SI programs you attended as that has always been part of their summer program training at schools like CPYB and Boston Ballet SI.