Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

If I have difficulty reading the letters on my cellphone, does that mean that I should wear prescribed glasses?

For near vision yes

an eye test would be ideal

• L

It means you really need to get your eyes checked.

• J

If you only have trouble seeing small things in front of you, you probably just need reading glasses. You can buy cheap ones at the drugstore. If you have trouble seeing things far away, then you should get regular glasses. 

Go to a discount store like DG and try some inexpensive readers first.

• Gert

You probably need reading glasses.

Probably. Using reading glasses may help prevent your eyes from getting tired so quickly. Maybe in 20-30 years time everyone's eyesight may have been ruined by staring at these little phone screens. Ideally make an appointment with your local optician. If you can't do that, then go into one of those stores that sells off the shelf reading glasses and see if one of them helps: not necessarily the strongest prescription. There's some useful info in the link.

Yep. 🤓