Why is Yahoo not allowing comments?

they are cowards that detest independent thinking. it would be best for their chrissy teigen, jim carry loving crowd if their bumm-butter went unchallenged.

because yahoo does not want to    know how the average AMERICAN truly feels

Because Yahoo so-called Journalists are so poor at reporting truthful news, they have no choice but to suppress critical thinking intellectuals who call them out, in attempt to prevent them from exposing their lies and hypocrisy. 

Your goal is not to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. Your goal is to keep most of the users comments silent.

Because Yahoo is doing what all totalitarians do shutting down opposing views.  You will spew the party line or you won't be heard.

Because, just like the comments here, 99 percent of them point to Yahoo's obvious liberal bias that everyone points out in the comments. If they get rid of the comments, their bias is not pointed out and they control the narrative. 

Yahoo doesn't want anybody to contradict their biased articles by stating the truth.

Why am I not able to comment on the articles I'm reading on your website like I've been able to in the past? I've read many, many comments from people having the same problem. 

Because like most on the left there is no alternative point of view allowed. One thing I didn't forget. I believe they are owned by Verizon. Want to make a point. Drop Verizon and let them know why. . 

Hey Joseph, that's a great question for Yahoo! I'm going with...Because they cant push their agenda if 90% of the comments go against it. Whether its one of their own "in house hacks" (Dylan Stableford) or an imported "news" story (Huff & Puff Post) almost everyone called them out on it. When a reader could scroll thru the comments and click on a link posted by another reader and get "the rest of the story", it exposed their half truths and omission of facts. Some folks are saying that it is because people were rude or nasty, but those people seem to forget that "they had to click on it to open it". I read a comment one time that said something like "Does Yahoo employ drunken monkeys with Downs syndrome as journalists?" and I chuckled. Now I think there may be something to that. In their explanation of why  they closed the comments, they claimed it was to make it, and I quote: "...more engaging..." Ha ha ha...What could possibly make an issue or current event any more "engaging" than silencing everyone's ability to talk to one another? Seems a little Marxist, yes? Anyway, I think I've just about had enough of Yahoo and their nonsense. Its been a good run, but a guy can only read about Jim Carrey, Ashley Graham or the LBGTQ so many times before he says "phahhh - that" ..?