Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 2 months ago

Can you tour the New York Stock Exchange? ?

Can you tour the inside of the New York Stock Exchange? I’m curious to see if anyone offers tours of the inside of the New York Stock Exchange? Does such a tour allow individuals to ask questions about how the exchange works? 

• DON W

There used to be such tours--I did one many years ago.  Due to the threat of international and domestic terrorism, the tours have been discontinued for quite some time--at least since 2001.

The old tour led you past displays explaining how the NYSE worked, and ended with a view (I believe through glass windows) of the trading floor.  I don't recall after all this time if there was the opportunity to ask questions.

Here's a video tour:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nznWkR3Yho

Youtube thumbnail

• MS

You cannot tour the NYSE - it has been closed to tours since 2001.  There are Wall Street tours that you can take, showing you the sites around the NYSE and giving the history of it all.  I imagine there would be opportunities for questions during those tours.