Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 6 months ago

Can I work as a Temporary greeter at natural grocers without doing cashier or is it required?

Sure but customers will think you're mentally challenged

• ?

Most stores require their associates to work on a cash register. Every retail store I've worked for I was trained as a cashier. 

It's not a big deal to learn how to use one and you should be trained on how to use it.

The cash register does most of the work. You greet the customer, scan in / weigh in their items, total their purchase and ask for a method of payment. Be careful when you're counting money and entering numbers into the credit / debit machine. If the customer has any issues or their getting upset, get a manager to help you. 

They all have different requirements for crying out loud, so how do we know. Maybe you will need to clean the rest rooms also.

I am sure that each store has their  own requirements