Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 2 months ago

How long can a Toyota Camry last?

I thought of getting one of those as my first car. I figure if I just get an older one (I'm talking 2006, 2007) I could just make it last for a few years.

I have a 1999 4 cylinder LE with 291k miles. The car runs like it's new. I drive about 6-700 miles a week and the car just keeps going. The only thing I've replaced outside of regular a maintenance were the front axles and the struts. Even the A/C system is original and still blows ice cold.,,,literally! As for which year Camry; the 2007 is a different bodystyle than the 2006. It will offer a bit more refinement and a few other improvements over the 2006 since it's the first year of a redesign. However, if both were cared for, the 2006 will be the more reliable one IMO. Also, go with the 4 cylinder.  it will cost you less to own in the long run. Good luck.

The 2007 was recalled for excessive oil consumption. After that was fixed by the pistons being replaced it was a very dependable Camry.  Typically Camrys last at least 200,000 miles with the least maintenance. Regular service will get twice that.

That depends entirely on it's condition. how gently it has been driven, how well it has been maintained, and how you treat it. In other words, it could be dead in a few months or a few more decades. My '93 Toyota I bought new is still my daily driver and has been treated with care.

• Erik

They can last a very long time, however you may have to put a lot of money into it to keep it on the road.

Source(s): experience

I have a 2004 model with over a 100,000 miles on it. I plan to drive it for at least another 5 to 7 years. 

The Camry is a good car, but if you're buying one 13 or 14 years old, you want to make sure it's been taken good care of.  You'd like to see a manila folder with receipts for oil changes, cam belt replacement on schedule, stuff like that.  And mileage is important.

In fact if I had a mechanic I really trusted, I'd take the car to him to get it checked out.  They say you should do that, but I never have.  But this would be a good thing for a car so old.  A Camry with 100,000 miles on it is good for another 100,000, if it's been properly cared for.

If you do not follow the maintenance schedule, it will not last.

With proper care, virtually any vehicle could last a long, long while.  So that really depends on your own ability to see to the car's needs.