Do any camera binoculars have stabilization/anti shake technology built in? I've seen binoculars that have it but not CAMERA binoculars.?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

stabiliser , nope , is different from a camera .a camera works faster than you eye , thats why they take a clear picture. the eye works about 20 times a second , a camera works in 1/1000 of a second. big speed difference.

• 2 months ago

Those camera/binocular mutations you see are toys. They are not good binos, and they are not good cameras. They are a complete and utter waste of time and money.

Sumi already gave the best answer. I have done the spotting scope/telescope with t-mount adapter and a real camera attached, and I have done the digiscoping method where you attach a cell-phone to either binoculars or the spotting scope/telescope. I have never owned or used a superzoom digital camera.

The best results were with the DSLR and a T-mount. My Celestron spotting scope has a t-mount built in to the eye piece, all I have to do is add the appropriate camera version. I have both Sony A and Nikon F t-mounts. The scope is a zoom unit, and it covers the sensor on an APS-C body at the 20 power magnification setting. It will zoom to 60 power magnification, where you get a circular image on an APS-C sensor. It works well once you practice a little. A good solid tripod is a must. Focusing is the issue, due to the focus system on the scope not being terribly precise. A live view camera with focus aids makes this a little easier.

The solid tripod and a binocular mount for that tripod make the use of a cell phone fairly simple. Most of the digiscoping adapters will work on pretty much anything, I have mounted my Galaxy Note 8 on binos, the spotting scope, and on a 127mm reflector telescope. The smaller the exit pupil of the eyepiece in use, the more exacting the positioning of the phone in the adapter, but again a little practice makes it fairly simple.

• Sumi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What you do is get a pair of stabilized binoculars and then add a digiscoping adapter that allows you to take photos through the binoculars with your smartphone.

Another option would be to get a spotting scope and then use a camera with in-body image stabilization such as any Pentax DSLR, or numerous bodies from Sony, Pentax or Olympus.

Yet another option would to buy a super-zoom camera like a P900 that allows you to zoom into your subject with its high-powered lens.   You can use the LCD to view the scene or use the viewfinder to view it.  And since it's a camera, you can take video/photos at will with much better results than the cheap binoculars with built-in cameras.

• 2 months ago

I've never seen a pair of camera-binos that were anything more than a toy - I'd be surprised if anyone has gone to the trouble and expense of adding stabilisation.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Some cameras, such as those made by Sony, Pentax and Nikon, have in body antishake. They take much better pictures than binoculars with a built in sensor.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.