Why do people say that Elvis was black ?

Why do blacks people love to say that Elvis Presley was an black man 

• Mier

They’re jealous of Elvis. Elvis didn’t even particularly care for black people either.

i would assume misinformed but then again i have never heard them say such as there are pictures of him and he is clearly white.

They need someone to be proud of

You're welcome

Genetics prove that Elvis was not of African ancestry, although he did have some Native American blood.

They wish. He was German, Irsh and his grandmother was full cherokee indian.

Because Anglo's assign things based on what they like or dislike. Then those groups claim it.

Most conservatives in the US didn't like Rock and Roll when it first appeared so they assigned to blacks in order to demonize it.

It's the same reason why people say Romans were mixed and then have blacks try to claim them. You can also see this same processes applied to words like Spanish, Latin, Aryan and Romani when talking about other non-europeans in general.

Elvis presley used to sing R&B which was made by Blacks.

I believe you are referring to the fact that he embraced black music and incorporated it into his songs.

We don't say that all, that's ridiculous.

What we DO say and I think you'll find this to be the case if you look into it, is a black man founded Rock n Roll.

Now that isn't something that I have heard myself...