In what state are Adirondack chairs made?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • elhigh
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

All of them.  The name only indicates where the style of chair originated and gained popularity, but there are people building this popular style of chair literally all over the US.

They were first invented by a Thomas Lee in 1903 in upstate New York.  He made several different chairs and invited his family to judge which one they liked the most.  The winner became what we now call the Adirondack Chair.

Note: if you are buying a plastic Adirondack chair, then it is entirely possible it didn't come from a state, but some province in China.

• 2 months ago

I know a place local here in Central Florida that makes them, they’re very popular in the beach communities. 

• F
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Anywhere and everywhere . I’ve made several myself in UK. Most woodwork books have instruction and patterns.

There are two ( plastic ) ones at the top of Tunnel Mountain , Banff in Canada. Great spot for lunch if you get there and they are free.

• D50
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

China probably makes more of them than anywhere else.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Chy-Nah              .

• 2 months ago

They are made all over the place. Their simple design makes it easy for many DIYer to make their own. My dad made two sets when we lived in Louisiana and I recently made one from some left over wood here in Texas

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are popular in Vermont, although the Adirondack Mountains are in New York.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.