Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

Just how painful is having your arm or leg broken?

I would have thought it's pretty painful!

like this painful

It is extremely painful and unlike any other pain because it is a dull pain that goes right down inside the limb. Depending on how you break it, there can be other damage to muscle and tissue as well. 

It is best avoided. 

Varies. Some do not hurt at all. Sometimes the bone has to be re broken to get it into the correct place.   Others can be very painful

Have you thought to pray to God and ask God for more understanding here? 

Depends on the location and severity of the break - and also the manner in which it was broken.   Recovery also depends on the person's age and general health.

I've broken six bones in my life and by far this last one was was the worst.   I slipped, slammed by heel down and heard it crack.    Posterior malleous tibia with a spiral fracture up by my knee too.  You know those tubes of refrigerator dough that you twist to pop open?   Yeah, that's my leg.  It was focking misery for months.  

The hairline fracture of my ulna (lower arm) was a minor inconvenience in comparison.  Plus it was my left and I'm right-handed. 

Regardless of the amount of pain someone is in, there are a lot of psychological and emotional issues that can come up too.   Casts are uncomfortable.   Sleeping is difficult.  Not being able to drive or do one's job is a big deal.   If you're on crutches, you can't carry a glass or plate of food.  If you have a knee scooter, you can't do stairs.    Every single little thing becomes difficult...getting dressed, preparing food, bathing.   It can really suck to be dependent on other people for everything - plus it's hard on them too.

And then when you start to recover, that has challenges too.   For example, when I finally got put into a walking cast, my good knee/leg gave out from having to overcompensate for the other one.  Your feet aren't the same height.  Your back and hips ache.    And you plump up like a Thanksgiving turkey sitting on your butt for three months. 

But yes, a broken toe or broken finger...yannow...hurts...but not nearly the same thing as a major break of a dominant limb.

for most people very painful