What is your favorite kind of tea?

I want to quit drinking sodas. I am going to try to replace them with tea. 

Hibiscus tea lightly sweetened with blue guava syrup. Very good for you in the hot weather. Hot or cold.

Try ginger tea with or without ice.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

Usually a Black tea at the Moment i am drinking Yorkshire strong and sometimes English Breakfast tea

Congratulations on wanting to get away from soda.  It’s REALLY bad for you.

I’m fortunate that I’ve never been much of a soda drinker and for pretty much all my life will only drink it if there is absolutely nothing else, including tap water, available.

For tea I like Earl Grey or Darjeeling and I LOVE Constant Comment and have since I was a kid.  All of them are also wonderful iced.  I recently had some excellent brewed iced tea and when I asked about it it’s a family recipe of my bosses using just plain old Liptons.  I am especially fond of high quality Darjeeling tea with some fresh cardamom pots crushed into it, I had that at a middle eastern clients home.  I liked it so much he sent me home with a small bag of tea (that he has shipped to him from the Middle East, it was pretty special) and instructions to use the green cardamom pods.

I recently accidentally poured some of Trader Joe’s Chai concentrate into a partial glass of sparkling water - that was so good I drink it regularly now.

And sparkling water, with any sort of flavoring (or not) in it and however much fruit juiced added is a great soda substitute.  I usually add a third or less of the fruit juice to keep the sugar down.

Keep in mind during your time of changing this habit that it will take 10-12 weeks for the “new”, “chosen” habit to become your new default so don’t get discouraged when it takes that long or if you have a slip up or two.  Peoples tendency to slip into habits is an evolved behavior - if our ancestors did something and lived they were able to pass on their genes so the inclination to ‘keep doing the same thing that didn’t kill you‘ is hard wired into our systems.  The longer you pursue the new habit the easier it will get until it becomes the new default and you will only occasionally need to exercise a little willpower to say “no” to soda occasionally.

• kswck2

Regular old Lipton Iced tea, no sugar, no lemon. 

Just ordinary standard tea. Not too strong, milk but no sugar.

raspberry and peach

Mint Green Tea is awesome

• Tasm

Ice tea is pretty good.