How big of a battery would you need to power a 12" monitor for an hour?

I'm trying to make a portable drone monitor, to fit into a nice case- somewhat like the real deal.  How much space would I need for batteries?

ALSO: what type of battery is best?  Lithium Ion?

• Lv 7

it isn't so simple. not all monitors are optimized the same.

you will just need to try it out and see. buy more than you need. they will need replaced eventually anyways.

what type of monitor?  old models use more power.  modern model? it probably draws no more than 9 amps at 12 volts ... if you can find one that runs on 12 volts.  [adjust if the one you find is 15 volts -- like it came from a laptop??]  then read the amp-hr rating on the batteries you have in mind

"Robert" gives good advice.  Some of the small LCD monitors running on 5VDC are expensive.  You can get 12VDC auto backup cameras and screens for a fraction of the cost.  But you will need a different power supply.  A small motorcycle battery might do.

Get a "portable" PC / laptop monitor.

They are very low powered and work from 5V, either a computer USB or a power bank.

I have one of these; it has HDMI video input, 1920x1080 resolution and can be powered from my laptop if I'm using it with that, or from a power bank if I'm using it for HDMI on another piece of equipment.

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/electriq-eiq-15fhd...

A good, branded, 10AH power pack should last a day or two, at an estimate.

The only minor annoyance I have with that one is that it does not store the settings when disconnected & the brightness starts very low; you have to turn it up to see it..

Other than that, it's excellent.