Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 2 months ago

Hi I’m a 19 yro and I think I might have been adopted. How should find if I’m adopted or not? And also I’m not averse to being adopted.?

There’s just this nagging feeling inside of me that demand my concerns be put to rest. I think my parents don’t want me to find out about my life. My mom has this nervous-don’t disclose look when we talk about adoption. I’m absolutely sure my sibling isn’t the one adopted bc he similar to my parents( both physical and mental traits). I would really appreciate any of your answers. 

Also I don’t have any baby pictures of me. I was around 3-4 yro in my earliest pictures. 

Honestly unless you do DNA  there  really isn't a way to  tell.  When you are adopted your birth certificate is changed so  no real way of knowing 

You're an adult. Do adult stuff like ask.

Look at your birth certificate.

If it was filed within six months of your birth, adoption is unlikely.

If you want absolute proof, submit your DNA to ancestry.com or 23andme.com and look at the DNA matches.

Source(s): Adoptee and Adoptive Mom.
  • Jill

Get a copy of your birth certificate. 

Birth parents name is on your Birth Certificate or adoption details

• Scott

Most parents maintain a baby photo album. That album includes pictures from the delivery. Check that out.