Lisa asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

What will I feel during a root canal?

My dentist says I need one. I'm currently on Amoxicillin to treat a small abscess he found forming at the root. I've never had one before and I'm freaking out. I'm already afraid of getting the needle in my gum because I have a fear of needles. What will it feel like when my tooth gets worked on? Will it hurt when they pull out the nerve?  

• Lili

These days, they use topical numbing agents before they ever give you a shot for anesthesia, so you don't feel the shot and you don't feel the procedure at all.

It will not hurt.  You will be sore once the anesthesia wears off, but you can take painkillers for that.

By the way, did your dentist warn you that Amoxicillin can cause yeast or c-diff infections?  Take a probiotic one hour after you take each antibiotic and ask for a prescription for an anti-fungal just in case you do develop a yeast infection.

• k w

I'd reco getting a consultation with a Biological dentist before you commit, they are better, by far than a regular dentist you can use [ yelp dot com ] to find one close to you... or not if don't want to. In fact a Biological dentist WON'T DO IT !!!! .....It's not healthy is why and they know wayyyyyy more than a quack dentist

Cosmodent India is a leading Root Canal Treatment Gurgaon, Delhi, Bangalore. A root canal treatment cost ranges from about Rs. 2500-4000 per tooth and typically involves 2-3 sittings.

If you can get sedation, go for it. Root canals are painful and unpleasant.

They're getting increasingly better at pain control. The days after may be a bit uncomfortable, but the procedure itself is non-horrible. The best news: You will never have to go through that again.

It's not bad at all. You'll feel a small pinch when the needle goes in and that's it. Once you're numb you won't feel a thing. It's no one's idea of fun but it's not bad at all. 

Can't pick a Favorite Answer in a week?

Hope it hurt like heck and gets infected.