Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesMazda · 2 months ago

I’m buying a used car that needs a wheel bearing on the drivers side? Is that expensive? is it worth it ? It’s a 2006 Mazda mazda3 I 4AT?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Have it checked out first. I doubt it needs a wheel bearing, but if it does, this car might have been involved in an accident If a good mechanic is inspecting it, they'll be able to tell. Good luck.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, cheap do both sides then you dont have to worry  and easy to do yourself

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It does not need wheel bearings.  IT MIGHT NEED BRAKE PADS & ROTORS THOUGH. Still not a major cost and you do need brakes. Both front wheels get done at the same time. Maybe $250?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Have you test driven the car yet?  Who told you "it just needs a wheel bearing"? It looks like you are being scammed here if you have not test driven the car.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Parts maybe about $50.  Labor about $100.  I would not buy any car that needs repairs.

• GF
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Just do it yourself for around $60 - $120. Autozone will lend you the press for free (just leave a deposit) and it takes less than an hour.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Wheel bearings are not major repairs.  Both the part and the labor should be less than $100 each.  But like someone else said, make sure you get the car checked out thoroughly before you decide to buy it.  A car that old, it would be a miracle if that was the worst thing it needed.

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Scott is correct, just had one done on my jeep for 4 hundred/plus sensor.

• Snezzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Have a good, independent mechanic check the car fully so that you can learn what else is wrong. Any time I've bought a car with that kind of age and not had it inspected I've shoved in another $3000 to $5000 just to get it into good shape so I could drive it.

Caveat emptor. (This is perhaps the best piece of Latin to know.)

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It will cost between 500 and 800 dollars roughly.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.