My brand new computer came in broken?

I ordered a brand new computer off eBay, a mid 2007 24 inch iMac and I brought it to my room and plugged it in and pressed the power button but nothing happened. its completely dead. I tried many different outlets and power cords and it wont do anything at all.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

just return it and get your money back

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Gee, that's too bad. So, do you have a question to ask? The forum rules REQUIRE A QUESTION. Fail. go back to the 3rd grade and learn how to compose an interrogative sentence. 

• 2 months ago

1.There is no such thing as a "new" 13 year old computer. 2.You haven't asked a question.

• 2 months ago

That sucks, do you have a question?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I have a bunch of 2004 to 2011 iMacs, 17 to 27 inch size, all work fine.

What I know is that if you briefly touch the power button, it is not enough.  You have to hold it down until something happens.  You should hear a starting chime.

Many 13 year old iMacs have bad boards because of aged or faulty electronics.  The worst ones are early models.  This is because of a "capacitor".  Looks like a tiny soup can on the motherboard or power board or illuminator board of the backlight.  If the top of the can is bulging or split, it is shot.  There are kits to replace them.  See Ebay.  Otherwise, send that busted iMac back or recycle it and move on to something modern.

• 2 months ago

The chances of running across a brand new, unopened iMac for sale that was built in 2007 is almost as low as your troll factor is high! Why you would buy something that is nothing more than a clunky paperweight is why people think you're nothing more than a troll with multiple names!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Long-term troll using multiple names & mostly posting nonsense about old imacs.

Just ignore!

• 2 months ago

First, not brand new if it's 13 years old.

Second, did you contact the seller to tell them? 

If contacting the seller didn't help, contact eBay. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Talk to the person you bought for.

Brand new 2007 ?? 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.