Anonymous

Real dollar or fake?

my shift manager took a dollar out of my drawer because to her it looked fake. I was a little suspicious myself because of the uneven side cut but I do know the "silver certificate "bills are a real thing. So I was wrote up a dollar short because she took it out. Is there any way to know if it would be real or fake? It has a blue seal, apposed to the now typical green, but its also cut uneven ? 

It's genuine. It's a silver certificate that was issued until back in the 1960s. 

• John

It's  real, ..... Mis cut Silver certificate  if it's  "crisp"  its worth  somrthing extra  even  

"well used"  it  could be a "collector"......Your  Manager don't  Know Sh     About  U S money

Get working hours for US store https://coenraets.com/

She probably knew and the grossly uneven border makes it even a touch more valuable if it was in reasonable condition. As far as getting written up I would have her make good on the missing dollar, or tell her boss since she is dishonest and they should know. She could have easily put a dollar in the till and avoided any questions.

It sounds like your manager is either an idiot or a crook.  If an idiot,  she didn't know that silver certificates are an obsolete form of cash that today is considered a valuable collectable,  If a crook,  she did.

It does look like a silver certificate. They usually have borders like that as well. I think it's a genuine dollar. Your manager may have assumed it wasn't because those are rare and most people haven't seen or notices them before. I assume someone takes the money to the bank regularly, so you could always have the bank verify - see if they'll let you deposit or not.