Does anyone know what a tenancy inspection involves? ?

I have been notified as I have been renting my property for a year that my estate agent will be coming to the house to carry out an inspection. Has anyone had one of these and is there anything I should prepare for? 

They basically want to make sure you're not trashing the place. But also making sure you are following all the rules like you haven't taken down the smoke alarms, you don't have 5 dogs when you can only have 1, your girlfriend hasn't moved herself in and not left for 4 months of quarantine without putting her on the lease or even informed much less asked the roommates (true story). And all kinds of things like that. Making sure you're not piling up half empty motor oil cans. You didn't take the cover off the ceiling light to change the light bulb, broke the cover and never changed the bulb. Hoard of broken toasters in the yard. etc etc I can go on about the stupid **** I've seen renters do.

If you're a half decent human being then there's nothing to worry about.

• Tavy

They are looking for damage, if you are keeping it neat and clean you have nothing to worry about. As you know some tenants trash the place.

UK.

never heard of it. Did you just make it up?  Wait, you are on the other side of the pond.  Its just a look to make sure you are not tearing the place up.