My Toyota Camry is always accelerating when I’m pressing the gas pedal. ?

When I let the pressure off the pedal just by a tiny hair the throttle drops drastically. The car doesn’t hold a speed. No matter how softly I press the gas pedal it’s always accelerating so I have to let off the gas in order to coast. It makes it very difficult to drive because I cannot retain one speed.

"When I let the pressure off the pedal just by a tiny hair the throttle drops drastically."

Is the little button on the shift depressed? 

Maybe you are not used to driving a vehicle without overdrive.

• M.

What year is your car??

Have someone else try driving the car to see if it's you driving wrong, or the car not acting right. Do this before trying to determine any bad or maladjusted parts. Best one to test it is the service tech at a Toyota dealer service center.

• F

Impossible! Camrys never go wrong and last forever . ( If you believe this section).

You don't give the year so I don't know if you have a accelerator cable or drive by wire system to your throttle body. if you have a accelerator cable loosen it a bit so you have a little ply/slack in the cable. Turn the AC off so you don't have the idle speed control motor holding the rpm's higher. If it's a drive by wire system go to the dealer and tell them what's going on. There may be a computer reflash for the problem.

Year of your car.  Check for trouble codes.  Could be a bad gas pedal sensor or a bad throttle body.

Do you understand the concept of a gas pedal?

Do a YAHOO SEARCH USING THESE WORDS:  toyota camry accelerating on its own

There are a lot of finds there.  Since I don't know the year of your car this is the best I can do to help.

• GF

Check the Toyota website to see if Camry has a recall on the electronic throttle for certain years.

For Toyota Owners: Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Settlement. ... Lawyers for Toyota owners filed the class-action lawsuit in 2010, alleging that the automaker's cars suddenly accelerated due to flaws in the electronic throttle control systems (ETCS). Toyota owners claimed that fatal accidents resulted from these defects.