Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 weeks ago

How much should you tip a person who delivers your groceries?

If 1/3 of your groceries weren't delivered due to being "out of stock."

6 Answers

Relevance
  • P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Zero           

• 4 weeks ago

That is not the drivers fault.

With mine I don't even have an opportunity to tip though. There is a delivery charge on the bill instead. I don't know what yours is like.

• 4 weeks ago

It's not the delivery driver's fault that the items were not in stock. I'm sure somewhere in the terms and agreement you signed there is something about the store not being responsible for items placed in a cart that ultimately are not deliverable due to being out of stock. That said, tipping is always optional but since you are having somebody else do something you could otherwise do yourself usually $5 or 20% of the bill, whichever is higher is customary.

• Even with judgment, tipping is optional. Whatever you find it worth.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I do not have my groceries delivered.

• 4 weeks ago

I only ever tip if I feel like it (which isn't very often).  Automatically tipping because you feel obliged is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.  Why do some low paying jobs get tips and some don't?  It's not fair to the people who don't (they work just as hard).  American tipping culture is completely random and therefore unfair in my opinion.  People should get paid for their work by their employer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.