My upstairs neighbors are driving me insane. Should I submit video of the noise to the landlord?

It is literally non-stop stomping around, back and forth without pause. There are occasional sudden loud bangs that make me jump. It's at all hours of the day; they will stop for periods of 15-30 minutes before starting up again. I've had to take several exams in my apartment, have had to meet with professors or just listen to lectures. I had an online, self-paced interview and had to keep waiting for periods of quiet. I am presently supposed to study for the MCAT in my apartment. I can only wear over the ear headphones for so long. I have video/audio of them stomping around with floorboards squeaking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0mKf3Eiz6g

Youtube thumbnail

I'm not sure if this is good enough as they would need to wear headphones to hear it the way that I hear it with reverberations. I know the landlord isn't able to do anything. But I began throwing a small squishy ball at the ceiling when they start up and expect that they could have complained about that: the landlord included in an email today a comment about being considerate of neighbors in certain hours (emailed consisted of many topics). I feel like sending her evidence would at least have her on my side if problems with them continue. Or at the least if they do ever move out, she could consider having the floorboards better secured or something..I know she won't lay carpet as it cheapens the value.

I do not want to get involved with the neighbors at all (though we aren't to meet face to face with anyone in these times anyway)

• G R

Have you bothered to go up there and inform them of how noisy it is and to ask them to please keep it down?  If not why not.  They likely don't know that it is bothering you as they aren't mind readers.  Don't use the covid and distancing as an excuse to talk to your neighbors.  Put on your mask, go up there, knock on the door and step back and let them know.  If you go to the landlord first i can guarantee you, YOU will feel way more awkward around them after the landlord talks to them.  

you can try doing that

You should keep a diary for at least two weeks noting date, time and nature of the disturbance. Present that to your landlord. At the same time tell her that you have recordings, but bear in mind that these may not constitute hard evidence.

Suggest that if she is unable to make your neighbours observe normal "quiet" hours, you may be entitled to a reduction in your rent.