Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

why would a pack of wolves not attack you after an an encounter?

I had a wolf encounter in my yard, 6 grey wolves approached me in my yard, i was scared but stayed still and didnt move. instead of mauling me, i was sniffed down by every wolf,and one of the bigger wolves kept rubbing its head on me and jumped up and licked my face a few times. i tried to walk away and one wolf nipped my ankle and growled. then they kept sniffing and wondered away back in the woods.

why wasnt i mauled? i seen these same wolves off and on for months but first ttime they ever came up to me.

is it ok to touch the wolves if i encounter them again?

I do not believe this actually happened.  What you described is not normal wolf behavior.

Wolves aren’t really into attacking people.

They were most likely observing you.

Here’s my only issue, 

How old are you and where the heck are you that you were approached by a pack of wolves by yourself?

I’m not saying I don’t believe you but I am going to be blunt and say you need to travel in a group if you’re wandering around places where you’ll encounter a pack of wolves.

I feel like you were on their territory. 

Not safe. 

And if it’s really in your yard you should know better than to be outside alone 

The recognize you as one of their own.  Not everyone has evolved in the same time frame.

they weren't hungry AND more afraid of YOU ........................