Katie asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

My dogs ear is flaky And brown, what is this?

I live by the beach, she’s 6 years old. Any idea what this is and how I can treat this fast and somewhat naturally?

I can tell you because when we moved to Florida from NYC. We took our dogs often to the beach. And the same thing happened to our Beagle(now in doggie heaven). The presence of yeast, bacteria, or both confirms an ear infection diagnosis.  CLEAN HIS EARS everytime you come back from the beach. See your vet. Ours prescribed gentamycin. And it was gone in a week.

• Amber

My dogs ear looked exactly the same and I took her to this person called a VET. I know, who knew they existed! And she gave us a solution to flush the ear out with and the problem cleared up...it's like witchcraft or something. And I think there could be a bacterial infection in there are well. But the brown stuff on the ear flap is exactly the same as what my dog had and it was just yeast so...

Forget trying to save money and take your dog to a vet. At that stage there's nothing natural you can use. Those ears look bad and painful. 

There are no Vets on this site.  None of us can examine your dog.  I don't think we can help you.  It could possibly be a mange mite, it could be fly bites but a Vet will know for sure.

It is just the ear flap or is there smell to the inside of her ears.  If ears stink it could be an ear infection or ear mites.  Do some research on 'problems with dogs ears', you might stumble onto your answer.