Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 weeks ago

Lets say you work in a grocery store hypothetically and your job is to make sure ppl wear masks before entering?

One man refuses to wear one and walks past you .. whats your next move ? Do you try and stop him ?

Yes, that's the job. If necessary, I'd contact security and/or police. Masks are mandatory here.

• Depends.. 

Do I have to stay pleasant... Or can I resort to aggression and pyschical force if assertiveness doesn't work? 

If not then the manager or security can handle it.. Not my problem after that. 

I used to bike to work and the same elderly doorman would tell me I can't bring my bike in (as a customer). There was however a rack in the back for employees who ARE allowed to bring their bikes in. Every single day for more years than I want to admit the same guy would tell me I can't bring my bike in and I'd show him my badge, every single day until I just ignored him. he would scream for a while "sir...!" Then get the same manager  who says the same thing "he works here." He'd say "oh."

Store security in terms of the masks or anything else really have no power. Some types can tackle you but the typical greeter is just there as presence. Actual police use a similar technique. The psychology of it is like, dad told you to never touch his gun safe. But dad's not home right now... 

• audrey

Since supermarkets now want to be dictators, it's up to the managers to instruct employees what to do and then be AVAILABLE to back them up.

Not my job to stop anyone.  I am not a bouncer and will not risk getting hurt over a minimum wage job. I will just call a manager. 

• Jolene

Yes. You stop him and you tell him that you cannot let him into the store without a mask. If he refuses, or escalates the situation, call a manager.

I run a small bakery-cafe, and I enforce the mask policy for all of my customers who come in to pick up orders (no indoor dining at the moment). If they don't want to wear a mask, they stand outside while an employee retrieves their order.

Depends. 

The only ppl who are able to stop customers is Loss Prevention. They're like undercover security guards. So... I would only be able to stop a customer if I was one of them. And yes.... I would.