Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 weeks ago

649,000 people lost their jobs in the UK during lockdown was it worth it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

I'm not sure it was really worth it since I think it is just prolonging the epidemic, making it take longer for the same number of people to catch it, maybe it will end up with more people catching it than there would have been.

If people had been left to die in large numbers, the government knows that media would have torn them to bits, so they had to act.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Of course it was worth it, otherwise many of them would lose their lives. Death or unemployment. 

Your choice. 

• 4 weeks ago

You can always get a new job.

You can't get a new life if you catch and die of china virus 

• snafu
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

As opposed to what?   Catching Covid, passing it on, dying from from it, or watching a loved one die from it?  Depends what price you put on a life.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The alternative would have been the NHS being totally overwhelmed by the far greater number of cases and far more people, including NHS workers, dying from the disease. So yes, it was worth it.

If selfish bastards persist in thinking the more relaxed rules are unnecessary or don't apply to them the sacrifice of those who have restricted their liberty for the public good or have lost their jobs will be undermined.

• gerald
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Its winner takes all and the devil takes the hindmost i keep repeating this but the message is real for all of you its your life , and if you are forced to risk your life to save capitalism is that worth it , to save lives we are heroes always have been but to save money that is a different matter 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Losing livelihoods is better than losing lives.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.