Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 weeks ago

Should people on furlough in the UK pay higher taxes when they return to work?

The rest of us have been working while they have been sat on their backsides, going to the beach and pubs claiming they are scared to go back to work. Shouldn't they be contributing to the free holiday they have had.

100%. 

It's great that they were given such support during the lockdown but you and I shouldn't have to later pay for it.  Only those who received the benefit should be responsible for repaying it once they're back on their feet.

I'm sure furloughed employees will agree with me too as that's the only decent thing to do.

Of course not. They didn't chose to be furlough. What i get fed up of is my taxes going to pay for people to live of the state and bred.

Many of them will be out of work when furlough ends.

• gerald

Dont worry you will pay we have been in austerity for 10 years since the banks fu**ed up dont know how you faired , its been tough left us on our knees so we left Europe we though things would be better , This is ten times worse its not rocket science the figure i quote are correct not fear mongering just truth in spades i am just showing the rocks where you and all of us will land unless Isaac Newton told lies 

Life isn't that fair, sunshine. You should have learned that earlier. Tough. Get used to it.

They should. Instead, everybody is gonna have to. Even those who refused it as they didn’t feel like they needed it