What tools would you recommend for making DIY garden path?

The tools depend on what material you intend to use as the surface of the path.

I took advantage of this. An excellent product. You can also go through this link and buy if you like https://www.diysepticsystem.com/?aid=1644625

You can do it with a shovel and tape measure. Or you can go rent all kinds of equipment to make it easier.

what do you propose to make it out of?  I have some sixty or seventy feet of such paths.  Mine have various edging material, landscape cloth [weed barrier] and were then covered with one inch round stone that I bought 4 cubic yards at a time.  ordinary digging tools, small trowels, root cutting tools [Florida], and my wheelbarrow and shovel were all I needed.  -- Grampa

A shovel would be a good start.