laura asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Why do I feel dirty after eating ?

Like even sick almost, I’m convinced I suddenly look different, the worst is digestion sounds it makes me feel all yuck and feel like it’s the sound of food setting on me as fat, this can’t be normal 

• You are right, it is not normal and perhaps it is to do with something that happened when a child?

This person I know, cannot eat in front of anyone, because she cannot swollow food. This was due to a childhood trauma. Her dad, whom was the world to her, suddenly got sick, but was  told he would survive. She was just spooning some food, when a relative walked in and said he had died and front that moment, she could not eat and had to have counceling.

Due to an awful childhood of neglect, I learned to only look at what I was eating, otherwise I would not be able to eat, due to the floor.  Today, I can easy be put off my food and cannot cope sitting next to a mucky eater.

I don't think it's normal but you're not alone. After I eat I usually look in the mirror and lift my shirt up to see if I look different or get a little anxious. When you eat really healthy it feels better though. And it's not necessarily setting as fat it's just sorting out the nutrients 

Because you are a snake