Anonymous

My boss told me I was fired?

But when I look in the payor system it says I'm still a active employee it's been like 2 weeks since I was fired could I technically go in the days I usually work and just work since I'm still in the system as active by law or no

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favourite answer

They keep you on the payroll for a bit afterwards when they haven't finished paying you or they are waiting to see if they owe you holiday pay.

• RP
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You should have been given formal notice of the termination. If you haven't worked for two weeks, that would indicate you are no longer employed.

• If you're fired you shouldn't be going into work, doesn't matter if you're still in the system. They may even kick you out if you decide to show up and you won't get payed. They may not have had the time to take you out of the system.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Why would you do that?you will not get paid for it and can get in trouble for trespassing.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

You would be trespassing & don't think that you would be paid.  Time is only paid when it is authorized.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.