Is a GTX 1660Ti 6gb gpu capable of running vr at all if paired with an i7-7900f and 16gbs of ram? ?

I don’t know a whole lot about PC’s. I was wondering if these specs could run vr at low settings or if I need to upgrade anything to be able to run it.

1. That CPU doesn't exist.  Maybe you mean the i7-9700f ?

2. The GTX 1660 Ti likely will work decently,  Ideally you'd want a *little* beefier, but it'll do the job. There are people running VR with lesser video cards.  You probably won't have to settle low settings.

If you already have the GTX 1660ti, then you're above the recommended specs, but not by much. Don't buy a new graphics card until the next generation GeForce RTX cards come out.

Most of the specs you see for VR were written back in 2015, or there is the recommended specs which state a GTX 1060. The GTX 1660ti is about 35% faster than the 6gb GTX 1060, and it's closer to the GTX 1070. Due to motion sickness being a thing with VR, I'd recommend going higher than whatever the minimum specs are. I've heard of too many people getting motion sickness with the GTX 970 in a VR system. 

The GTX 1080 or the RTX 2060 are solid card for VR. So if I had to recommend anything it would be those. An i7-7900f doesn't exist but there is the Core i7-9700f which would be a solid CPU for VR.

minium Recommended VR Specifications:

Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 480 or greater.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greater.

Memory: 8GB RAM or greater.

Video Output: Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output.

USB Ports: 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port.

so to answer your quest yes you should have a strong enough computer to run VR at low settings. though if you can afford it I recommend getting an NVIDIA GTX 1080. it like night and day in the vr world. best of luck.