Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 4 weeks ago

what are some moral reasoning regarding why we should all be vegans ?

This answer is for ethical through and action 

• Megumi

Diet is irrelevant concerning morals. Using a proper diet is only logical, It is not ethical or moral to pretend that you are more moral than another person just based upon diet. No human should be vegan, for we are omnivores, not herbivores. 

quite simply, the human body does not require animal products.

Reasoning for being a vegan is false. Humans are omnivores, not herbivores. Is not moral to adopt bad diet. 

There are none. First, the idea that we should all be vegans is wrong. And the so-called moral reasoning to support that argument are nothing but lies.

What those at the top (who are pushing this veganism agenda) don't tell you is that it's really about weakening the masses through deception and enslavement.

Animal rights, so-called health benefits, saving the earth, hijacking the COVID-19 pandemic, etc., are all distractions - to hide from us the sinister plot that they are trying to set up. There's a government conspiracy behind the veganism agenda.

Climate change is a compelling reason to switch to a vegetarian diet. Ruminant animals emit huge quantities of methane, and this gas is several times more destructive to the ozone layer and the health of our planet than carbon dioxide. I mean cow farts are going to end in the death of the planet. Preserving life on earth is sometimes cited as a moral consideration. On the other hand, the suffering of animals who must give up their milk, wool, or posthumously their hide, doesn't move me. The life of a dairy cow is not one of misery unless of course the cow is not relieved of her milk. I am fully convinced that there are multiple social vegans for every moral vegan.

• kswck2

People can use  the Ethical excuse for just about anything. I am not a vegan-not going to be. 

I'll try to answer your question. First though, I don't know what the phrase “for ethical through and action” means - so sorry if I miss the point!

I would say that a person who chose to be vegan might have these “moral” reasons for doing so (and I'm not saying they are valid or that the person would be right - these might be THEIR reasons though): 

It is morally wrong to breed and rear animals purely so they can be killed for food when it is no longer necessary to do so.

It is morally wrong to breed and rear animals purely so they can be used to produce eggs and milk and then killed when they are no longer productive when it is no longer necessary to do so.

It is morally wrong, directly or indirectly, to support an industry that involves some cruelty and abuse to animals. Even if the abuse and cruelty is very rare, a vegan may say they want no part of it and if we were all vegan it would not happen at all.

Given climate change, overcrowding, food and water shortages etc. it is morally wrong to waste resources farming animals just for them to be killed, when this is not necessary.

I'm sure that there are other arguments that vegans might present but I think those are the main ones.

But... those are arguments that might persuade a person to become vegan. They are not arguments that apply to the rest of us who do not feel that way. Humans are omnivores and there is NOTHING immoral or “unethical” in omnivores following an omnivorous diet. Also, to a large extent, morals and the associated judgements are subjective. Well over 90% of people consume animal products at some stage in their lives and for the tiny percentage who do not, to claim moral superiority and to suggest that everyone should do what THEY believe makes no sense at all.

There may be arguments or “reasons” for everyone to become vegan but in the above context they are not “moral” ones, and there are equal and opposing arguments which many people would say are equally valid.

• Anton

" what are some moral reasoning regarding why we should all be vegans ?"

Good question.   I have never seen any reason that was not based in lies.

• Daisy

"ethical through" what?

Morals are an opinion. Nothing else. You have yours; I have mine.

The only reason to be vegan is that you think it's wrong to kill and eat another being. I have no problem with it so no reason to be vegan.

Besides vegans also cause the death of animals. Many are crippled, mangled, killed as farm equipment plows, plants and harvests the plants vegans depend on to live.

Being vegan is not a bloodless diet.

i think people should decide for themselves whether they want to be vegans or not