Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 5 months ago

How to build a small fan cage for a school project?

Anyone have any ideas on how to build a fan cage for a school project. The blade is 6 1/2 inches in diameter. I can't buy this part as a certain amount of the project has to be made by me. I've thought about making it from wire but if i bend wire by hand it will look dodgy so does anyone have any ideas on how to build a small fan cage that will look semi proper?

start with chicken wire or similar that has the anti-finger insertion holes pre-formed

Buy ready-made wire mesh by the sheet (or cut up a cheap mesh stationery tray). You then snip it and fold to create your cage. Or use aluminium angle and make a frame and then epoxy glue areas of mesh behind. If you only need front to be open make a little timber picture frame and staple in the mesh from behind. paint grey or black. I would probably use a colander or metal sieve, but that may be too ready-made for you.

if you put this question on the search bar it might show you how to do it