Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 4 weeks ago

I accidentally undercharged a customer? Will I get fired? ?

So I work at bath and body works and I Accidentally undercharged a customer by about $19. Will I get fired for that.. what will happen 

It is not possible to accidentally undercharge at  Bath and Body Works. It is possible to negligently collect the wrong amount.

• If it's your first offence probably not. 

If they do find out about it and talk to you about it, apologize and try not to let it happen again. Be more careful when you're entering prices. 

Explain to your boss what happened.

• Erik

If it was cash, your drawer would be short.  I'm guessing it was card, so don't worry about it.  That's a lot harder to find.  If they do find out about it, play dumb.  They won't expect you to know anything about it.

maybe you can apologize and offer to pay for that

• Scott

It you don't get fired for that, you might get fired for posting a question here when you're supposed to be working.

Most likely you wont, don't be scare or frighten, these things probably are known to happen and they have a way to resolve it. I never work behind a register. But when I work as a driver for amazon, if i got a parking ticket, amazon takes care of it or i damage a part of the van. Maybe it'll be better to explain to a supervisor to get it off your chest.