Problem with neighbour.?

Hello, I’m wondering if anyone could provide me with some much needed advise in regards to a ongoing issue with a neighbour I am having.

I live and own a ground floor Victorian flat in which I have stayed for three years. My upstairs neighbour is a tenant to a council owned property. I have had problems with noise from his flat, in which I have successfully dealt with by speaking to him. However, his overall cleanliness could do with a lot of improvement.

The odour from his flat is extremely pungent; he used to have a dog, which I believe was urinating on the floor. I occasionally smell his flat in mine. As you can understand this is highly annoying.

I would discuss this with him myself; but I fear upsetting him, and feel it would go down like a lead balloon. I have discussed this previously with his landlord; however I feel they are giving me the cold shoulder. 

Any advise would be greatly appreciated..

3 Answers

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    A council tenant, their landlord is the council so you make your complaint to the council

  • G R
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Contact their landlord and have them deal with it.

  • 4 weeks ago

    Talk to the council about it.  Don't make it sound too light or they will ignore it.  Tell them that the stench is unbearable and if they don't do anything about it, you are going to have to call the health department, because it is making you sick, preventing you from sleeping, and it has begun to affect your work.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.