Laurel asked in SportsCycling · 5 months ago

what size bike tire for a Femco 26x1.75 rim?

Tire sizing is imprinted on every tire made - BY LAW.  What size tire came off the bike?  It may be small & hard to read because of age or dirt on the tire, but it's there.  Why can't you replace it with the same size?  

If I say a 26 X 2.50 will work, I could be wrong!  Could be that wide of a tire won't clear the frame or front fork width.  Is it truly a 26 X 1.75 or a 26 x 1 3/4?  The later of the two indicates an old Schwinn bike.  In which case, you'll need tires specifically made for that bike!  Quote from Sheldon Brown, "Inch-based designations sometimes express the width in a decimal (26 x 1.75) and sometimes as a common fraction (26 x 1 3/4). This is the most common cause of mismatches. Although these size designations are mathematically equal, they refer to different size tires, which are NOT interchangeable. It is dangerous to generalize when talking about tire sizing, but I would confidently state the following:"   https://sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html

Finally...got a bike shop around?  FREE ESTIMATES from knowledgeable & friendly salespeople and/or mechanics.  Amazing!  Just type into Google the words "bicycle shop" along with your 5 digit zip code or postal code in the United Kingdom.   

Here I'm going to assume a 26x1.75 tire would be too obvious????

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.