Isabel
Lv 4
Isabel asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 4 weeks ago

If you married super rich, how would you get your kids to work hard like a working person?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

By teaching them how to be self-sufficient, like any other kid in any other family situation, and also that if they screw up they won't get bailed out. "Affluenza" occurs when parents use their wealth and privilege to save their kids from consequences, whether big or small. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The same way I'd get them to do anything else.   I'd teach them core basic values, lead by example, and give them age-appropriate choices (with age-appropriate outcomes).  

• Jolene
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

My husband and I, through hard work, earn a 7 figure salary a year (combined incomes). Our 2 children could (in theory) get away with never having to do anything. But we don't allow that. They have to do chores to earn allowance, just like their father and I had to do growing up. They earn their money, and when they are old enough, they will be required to get a job. Not saying we won't help them, but we will NOT support them after they are adults.

• 4 weeks ago

TELL THEM THEYNEED TO LEARN HOW TO WORK AND BE RESPONSIBLE.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.