Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 months ago

Is it rude to ask someone how much money he makes?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I think it depends on the person.  Some people I know are tight lipped, while other brag about what they make.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

this has nothing to do with global warming

reported

• 2 months ago

Is it rude to ask you if you are dickless today?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Of course it's rude.  It's disturbing that you'd even have to ask this question.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A vague "Does that pay well?" or "Does that pay better than your old job?" or "Did you have to take a pay cut?" might be acceptable in some cases, but wanting specifics would be rude. Better to just leave the topic alone than risk offending. You don't really need to know. 

• RP
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Generally, yes because people feel their earnings are no one's business but theirs.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Unless you're their accountant, why do you need to know ? I would find that rude yes, 

as at my last job, some hours were paid hourly, others I made more as it provided me

with opportunities to earn tips. My reply would be: Are you gonna do my taxes for free?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, it absolutely is.

• 2 months ago

In general, it's considered to be bad manners.   But there are some circumstances when it's okay.   For example, if a teenager is trying to find a career path, they might ask that question.   But really it would be better to google it, than to ask someone such a personal question.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes incredibly rude. And very disrespectful.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.