Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 3 weeks ago

Is there any reason I should need to upgrade to 1 gig internet service?

Our apartment complex supplies 200 mbps as part of the rent, but my roommate wants the gig offered by Spectrum.  Thing is that they charge $199.99 to upgrade and then we'd have to pay $60 a month.  Naturally if my roommate wanted to pay for everything then I'd be all for it, but he thinks I should split it.

Most of the games I play are offline.  We have 2 Roku tvs and a Fire Stick.  He games a lot, but I can't imagine we're even touching the bandwidth that we have now.

You're entitled to use the internet connection because it's part of the rent you already pay. Since you don't use it much, he should pay it all. As a courtesy, you might want to pay $10 a month, but you're not really obligated to do that. Good luck in the friendship.

No. But if he’s chooses to pay for it, then he has every right to not let you on the network if you don’t pay.