Why do people say that there is no good music now days ?

There is good music coming out, yes there is bad stuff to but are you going to sit here acting like there wasn't bad terrible garbage music back in the 70s and 80s too  every decade has its good and bad songs 

I guess that some people say that because they don't hear anything they like. I don't agree with them but I can understand

their feelings.

As you say, there's always been good and bad music. As I grew up and really started listening to music, in the sixties and seventies, there was plenty of rubbish around but, on the radio, TV and in the charts there was a healthy dose of “serious music”. I know I’ll sound old here and I guess you won't have heard of many of these but... in the UK the main music TV programme was Top of the Pops. As well as the rubbish I also saw Deep Purple, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, The Beach Boys, Procul Harem, Jethro Tull, The Faces, Family, ELP, Curved Air, East of Eden, Fairport Convention, The Guess Who, The Who, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Focus, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, The Animals, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, James Taylor, Neil Youmg, Carol King, Ralph McTell, Lindisfarne,  Joe Cocker, Blood, Sweat and Tears, Chicago Dire Straits, Bob Dylan, The Four Tops, The Temptations, and numerous other “serious” artistes who produced what was, at the time, considered “good music”. But, when they released singles enough people bought them and they made it into  the charts. To hear “good music” all you had to do was turn on the radio. 

I don't think it's like that now. I think that to hear good music you have to actually look for it. I think that generally “pop music” - the stuff that makes the charts and is played on the radio - nowadays is terrible.

Brah I can count on 2 hands the good music from the last decade. Ready?

1. Corpsessed

2. Beneath

3. Oneohtrix Point Never

4. Actress

5. Beirut

6. Queens Of The Stone Age

7. Carach Angren (If you dont know them already, check them out Phatswave. These dudes are like a mixture of Emperor and Behemoth)

8. Behemoth 

Oh keep and mind that all of these acts are (at least) 11 years old. That would include your Periphery and Animals As Leaders. The primer of whom I dont really care fore. The latter of whom I havent gotten around to listening to yet. 

Brah, (and dont you dare f1ckin mock me for saying brah, BRAH). 

Look, I am sure there is good rock and pop out there. But it is DEEP DEEP in the underground and much of it is in its infantile period. And STAYS in its infantile period. 

Im just not into half baked ideas and stuff that has already been done. Knocked Loose. Its a great idea. But people were making music like that in the 90s (See Gasp, Spaz, Apartment 213, and Neuraxis). 

Rock pop just aint trendy right now. And I dont care who agrees to disagree with that. Im right down in the middle of this schit. 

My band is nearly 19 years old and to stay relevant we are having to open for people like Suicide Boys and Ghostmane. Which doesnt suck in the least, those are both great hip hop artists. I just miss being able to tour with other technical death metal and deathcore acts and being able to actually make money from it. 

Ignorance and laziness account for a lot of it.

I agree, there are a ton of GREAT bands. They are just harder to find. That is what is great about this section. A deverse ... no perverse : )

bunch here. ALL Music fans who share.

And they all share freely.

GOOD people !

There’s no cultural movements anymore. Everything has melted into a big brown soup of mediocrity 

• Dformd

They dont try anything new