How Do I Stop Fluid From Steering To Engine?

I Have A Massey-Ferguson 165 Industrial Leaks Oil From Power Steering Into Engine. I Put A New Pump On But Still Leaks Into Engine

5 Answers

Relevance
  • M.
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Something is clearly wrong with the pump.  It's a gear drive pump, right?  Your hydraulic hoses connect to the pump, right? 

So if hydraulic fluid gets into the engine from the power steering pump, then a pump shaft or pump shaft seal is the problem. 

There is the other hydraulic unit behind the engine.  Can THAT be what's leaking hydraulic fluid into the engine?

• 1 month ago

If power steering fluid is actually getting into the engine, you have MULTIPLE serious issues an need a professional to determine if the vehicle is salvageable.

The power steering lines shouldn't even have direct contact with the exterior of the engine. Even if the power steering pump blew up an sprayed fluid all over the engine, if shouldn't get into the engine.

• Snezzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

How do you know that it's leaking into the engine? What symptoms do you see?

• 1 month ago

The power steering is separate from the engine.  I don't understand how it's getting INTO the engine.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Find out the leaking part and replace it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.