Zodiac Sign?

I was Scorpio. Now I'm either Libra or Virgo. I don't understand why it's changed. Apparently they found another beginning with C that I can't remember. So it'll probably change again. Why not keep them the same? Yeah there's more stars, great. But I'm confused now. Am I both Libra and Virgo, or still a Scorpio since that's what it was when I was born. So confused. 

"To make a tidy match with their 12-month calendar, the Babylonians ignored the fact that the Sun actually moves through 13 constellations, not 12.

Just proves what most people already know about horoscopes - a load of rubbish."  What your response proves, Jill, is that you know nothing about astrology, astronomy, or ancient astronomy, and therefore your answer is a load of rubbish.  First you need to know what the ecliptic is.  That's where the constellations of the zodiac are (more or less). Then you need to know that astronomers used 12 constellations that are positioned on that zodiac (Provide us with some hilarity and tell us astronomy and astrology were the same until the Enlightenment).  It isn't the first zodiac ever used. The Babylonians you refer to actually used an 8 constellation zodiac at one point. However in about 1920 (100 years ago for the slow on the uptick astrology skeptics) an astronomers' organization (Sorry I forgot which one) decided that it made sense for their purposes to include a constellation that was identified by Ptolemy in the 2nd century AD. Others quickly accepted this so they would all be on the same page. Every year or so, some idiot skeptic, thinking he's discovered something new, trots out an article or two making the same idiotic claim, that astrologers don't know there are 13 signs.  Well, there aren't because the signs are not the constellations and the constellations are not the signs.  They never "lined up" because the signs are an equal division of 12 (30 degrees of arc each) and the constellations are of various sizes, and overlap here and there. The signs are determined from the point on the ecliptic where the celestial equator intersects with it in the south.  The beginning of the astronomer's zodiac is more arbitrary as the boundary between Pisces and Aries isn't spelled out in the sky.  It is where they say it is. That's not a problem because everyone needs a reference point. Ours is unchanging.  Theirs moves. Go look that up.Claiming astronomers added something in 1920 to straighten out what was done thousands of years before, is preposterous, unless you believe they are that slow. Who knows, judging by the typical astronomers' understanding of astrology, they just might be. 

Kristy, your Sun sign is Scorpio, always was - always will be. 

Why do you need to be pigeonholed by a failed fortune telling? Did you get a science and critical thinking skills in the schools you attended? Or was it like Hogwarts? Show it works and how it works. Astrology can’t do that.

You have the right to demand strong evidence before committing to belief. Take charge of your life.

• GibBas

You're Sun sign hasn't changed at all. There's no "new sign". in fact there's loads of constellations out there that are not, and never have been, represented by signs. Although the actual position of the signs seen from Earth constantly move the seasons still stay the same and that's what western astrology is based on.

• Jill

They didn't find another constellation. It was always there. 

To make a tidy match with their 12-month calendar, the Babylonians ignored the fact that the Sun actually moves through 13 constellations, not 12. 

Just proves what most people already know about horoscopes - a load of rubbish.