Would Nissan be responsible for this?

I have a 2004 Nissan Frontier pickup truck.  2wd, 4 cylinder, king cab xe. My passenger side front tire is rubbing against the abs line and it wore down the plastic coating to bare wire. It still has original wheels and tires. I'm guessing its rubbing when I make left turns. The driver side wire is fine. Is there a recall for this? Anyone else have this problem?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Yeah, Nissan is responsible for a car that has been out of warranty for over a decade, and has probably had a number of non-Nissan mechanics (or non -mechanics) mess with it.

Fix it, or get quotes to get it fixed.  Avoid taking it to a Nissan dealership, as they are going to be the most expensive.

• 5 months ago

After 16 years, the original manufacturer isn't responsible for the frame falling apart without notice.

If you still had the original tires, they should have ROTTED OUT several years ago

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Contact Nissan and ask.

• 5 months ago

Some idiot moved the ABS wiring when doing a brake job. It's  2004 and you've probably had at least 2 brake jobs done by now. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

You will be lucky for Nissan to pay.  Inspect the area.  ABS line clamp is likely gone.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not on a 16 year old truck they wouldn't be. If it were brand new, then yes.

• arther
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

the car is 2004 its long out of warranty. if the wheel is rubbing on the brake line the car is damaged get it fixed its 16 years old there is no warranty its going to cost you to fix it.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You can look up the recall history yourself.

Good luck with going after Nissan with your 16 year old truck (with original tires?) . . . be prepared to provide proof that in 16 years that vehicle has never been tampered with, never run over anything that could have dislodged the abs line, and that you followed Nissan's schedule for periodic inspections.

• 5 months ago

It certainly does NOT have original tires. 

Its a 16 yr old vehicle...  Its long due to have the brake lines serviced.

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

A sixteen year old truck? The wire wasn't damaged in 2004, it's recent. It's a maintenance issue, not a manufacturer defect.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.