I sometimes get easily overwhelmed..how can I get things done without having anxiety?

Usually I do okay especially at work. However some household chores like cleaning my bathroom get overwhelming. How can I make them less intimidating to do? 

• Jerry

Make a list of small manageable jobs and cross stuff off the list as completed. Instead of one big job like "clean the bathroom,"list 3 small jobs like "bathroom: dust, mirrors, countertops, rugs, floor" for one and "bathroom: tub, sink, toilet" for another, and "bathroom, declutter and organize" as yet another distinct job. 

Try to keep every task on your chore list under 2 hours. Under 90 minutes is even better. Then, after 5 hours of house work you're saying "3 jobs well done and crossed off the list hooray!" instead of saying "I didn't finish the job, boo hoo." 

It's OK to not finish. If all you get done is scouring the fixtures, that's still a big improvement, yes? Nothing dire is going to happen if the mirrors didn't get polished yet, if the trash can didn't emptied yet, if fresh towels weren't hung yet. 

There is an old saying about how to eat an elephant. You eat an elephant one bite at a time. That is how you deal with what seems like an overwhelming amount of work. You just relax and do one task at a time. Do the hard or unpleasant ones first and then the easier or more pleasant ones. 

Restorative Breathing is a great yoga technique of slowly breathing in and slowly releasing the breath longer than it took to take in.....so long slow deep breathing, slow down, stop over thinking. Give yourself and your body a positive message of calm.

Why don't you clean up bathroom after using. I pick up and put things back when i use them. Dont let things pile up and everything has a home, no clutter.

I rarely have huge cleaning jobs. I have no clutter and everything has a home, shelf, drawer, cabinet. Less is simply best.

• A

Any chore or project that seems overwhelming can be broken up into smaller parts,   for the bathroom, make a list of each small task: Clean toilet,   clean shower/tub,  clean sink,  put towels in laundry.  vacuum floor,   wash floor.    do the first task, check it off and move on to the next one,