I am going to Krakow in September and will visit Auschwitz Birkenau. Can you recommend a tour ?

I will be visiting Auschwitz 1 camp museum and Auschwitz 2 (Birkenau).

Is it possible to just go there and back on a bus / coach from krakow?  That would give me the most time to look without being rushed around by a tour guide (but minus the info - mind you I think there are information signs wherever one goes?)The alternative would be a tour guide. I’ve read a couple of reviews of paid tours and they seem to rush people around without much if any time for contemplation. A well oiled machine.Can anyone recommend a tour that picks up in Krakow that isn’t like that and doesn’t charge too much ?Or is it better to just get a bus / coach and go round on ones own ?If so any link would be appreciated.

It is not safe there, I am from UK and school children are made to go there for a school educational visit and then threatened with jail when they act in a certain way there. 

• Ludwig

There is a standard tour once you get there. 

• Kieth

They don't rush you around, it's a big place. Be sure to get photos of the mass graves.

Yeah. You could have looked that up online. troll.