Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

Why do I only gain weight in my belly?

I’ve been trying to gain weight because my boobs & butt are so flat. I’ve gained about 40 pounds (from 115 to 158 this morning) but the only thing growing is my stomach! Not even my arms, legs, or hips are getting bigger. My jeans and bras fit the same as always. My shirts, on the other hand, are struggling to cover my stomach, which is huge :\ Should I keep gaining until it affects the rest of my body, then try to lose this gut? I’m 5’3” btw. 

and no, I’m definitely not pregnant

also, am I getting too fat even if I’m only gaining in my belly? 

Unbelievable, my mom has the same problem. Is crazy how she has so thin arms and legs etc but her belly is like she is pregnant. :-/

You should stop, its not healthy to be fat and this is evidently where you store fat. As many said, its genetic. 

Because that's your body composition. Some girls gain it in their butt and legs etc. and maybe go to a dietician or a personal trainer because they know more about bulking and how to do it right. But definitely try to lose the belly fat because that's not healthy at any age.

Well gaining belly fat isn't good but to answer your question it could be where you store your fat when you gain weight. 

I'm the same height and that's where my body stores fat too.. 

Because that is where your body stores fat.  Genetics.  You cannot control where the weight goes.  

That's the way your body works.

Our bodies are different. When we gain or lose weight, we have no control over where our bodies chose to place fat when gaining, or take fat when losing weight. 

Where one body prefers to deposit fat isn't always the same where another body prefers to deposit fat. The same with losing fat. 

So, no, gaining weight until you have it where you want it, and then trying to get rid of it where you don't want it, won't work. And, it could impair your health.

You should check with your doctor. It is possible you are hurting your health. 

• kelvin

are you pregnant............

• martin

Lift small weights and do whatever exercise you enjoy, to channel blood and develop your muscles in desired areas.