Why do people still watch sports?

I no longer watch sports! It's just silly watching grown men play kids games for money!

• Favourite answer

Personal enjoyment, being a fan of a particular team or sport.  Same reason you do whatever it is that you do for enjoyment.

Because they enjoy the sports. Different people have different tastes.

The pursuit of excellence, in any endeavor, will always have a audience. If it is compelling enough, you can sell tickets to watch, and it can become quite profitable.  Athletics is like that, Quantum Physics, is not.

Because they are bored I guess.

Because they like to?

• so women don't play sports then?...

btw it's just silly  liking or doing anything else that some others prefer, but you/we/i don't..right?...So why? well in a nutshell because of that very appealing philosophical fact.. sense the sarcastic selfrighteous hint?

That's because live sport is an unknown quantum.....it's never a totally predictable event, not even for anyone watching my team  COE  Liverpool Football club....anything particularly in the entertainment spectrum, which has an unknown factor about it,, is by it's very nature fascinating and exciting to human nature though not everybody ever,  like soaps films news, even wars..as well as sports......everyone has their bag...

Football one name ONE game

LFCYNWA

I increasingly agree tbh, not only that but sports stars are absolute scumbags, almost always with a very low IQ and you put money straight into their undeserving pocket by watching them and giving them attention. 

• Wokaz

What are your hobbies then? Most hobbies can be considered meaningless or even childish but it doesn't matter as long as you feel it adds happiness to your life and doesn't affect other people's wellbeing.

• Adam

Entertainment. I'd rather watch people compete for something than people on TV pretending to be other people

I actually have no idea why 20 grown men kicking a piece of inflated plastic around a field for 90 minutes illicits intense passion.

For me it’s always been a source of interminable boredom and ‘games’ at school was a complete waste of my valuable time.