With an outdated Ram and also an outdated CPU and that the CPU is underpowered and impacting performance, how do I fix all this?

• keerok

Buy a new computer.

Try downloading extra ram. The following website will allow you to download up to 32GB of ram to any computer.

https://downloadmoreram.com/

Buy a new CPU and RAM and then your problem is solves.

The motherboard, CPU, and the common I/O device cards were all designed to fit in with each other, so EVERYTHING in your system is outdated and underpowered.  In terms of the cost of your time to fix this plus the cost of parts, you would do better to just buy a new system and get the manufacturer's or seller's warranty.  Not to mention the risk of trying to put something together yourself, unless you are an experienced PC tech.  One good short and your CPU is toast.

Buy new stuff.

• User

Buy

or build

a new PC.

If money is an issue

look for a refurbished PC. I've had mostly good luck with them.

If I were you I would get a new iMac and be done with it.

Outdated plugins like CPU and RAM come on outdated motherboards.  By the time you upgrade parts for marginal improvement, you have spent much.  And some other old part like the video or the power could fail.  Consider something new, like a computer.  And you get a warranty!

It helps to know what your current hardware is to determine whether its worth upgrading the hardware or buying a new computer.