Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 5 months ago

How do you feel about NASA adding Ophiuchus as the 13th sign?

Most star signs have now shifted

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

NASA didn't...they don't believe in astrology. They did add another constellation, which I don't really care...it's always been there.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

None of them have "shifted."  NASA is not an astrology organization and this nonsense pops up every year.  And every year astrology skeptics flock to believe it like the sheep they are. 

• Snoopy
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I don't give a sheep. 

• Jess C
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

This happened ages ago... I still consider myself a Sagittarius.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

I felt a sudden, and heretofore unexplained, shift in my personality. I'm glad that there is a rational explanation for this.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not this again.

NASA's zodiac is NOT the zodiac used by astrologers, and NASA changing THEIR zodiac system does not affect astrology in any way. There are no new signs in astrology.

Western astrology uses the Tropical zodiac system, and Vedic/Hindu astrology uses the Sidereal system. And NEITHER of these agree with NASA's zodiac system.

And neither of them label the same spot on the ecliptic in the same way.  NOTE that the "signs" of astrology are named after the constellations but are not actually the constellations.  Nor the stars that make up a constellation.

Besides, astrology is not about "star signs".  That is a phrase used by people who are not familiar with real astrology.  And even your "zodiac sign", which is actually ONLY your Sun sign, is just 2% of your entire birthchart ... and no two birthcharts are identical.

Source(s): Professionally certified astrology (P.M.A.F.A. from the American Federation of Astrologers, practicing astrology since 1972 and the daughter of an astrologer as well).
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not going to happen. Astrology doesn’t care about science literacy. Think there are currently actual people that get paid to research astrology claims? What organization would invest the finances?

Tiny Pluto for example has an eccentric orbit. Which takes it into other constellations and closer to Earth than Neptune for awhile. Not every body found space, since the telescope was invented, is used for astrology. No gun was pointed to force astrology to accept Pluto. But they did and faked the rest. Pebble size asteroid Chiron is now also used.

The number 12 is essential as it divides easy. Adding or subtracting one sign means a prime. That can’t be divided. Other numbers are also pretty useless. 10? 14? How would that work? Ancient astrologers knew all about precision. They did all the work while today’s batch don’t observe. The constellation background is based on positions that two thousand years ago. Currently it’s one sign off. Two thousand years ahead and it will be two signs off.

• User
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

?

Apples and oranges.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

How do you feel about posting a false assertion on a Forum seen by millions?

A) NASA didn't do any such thing. 100 years ago, give or take a few, Astronomers added a constellation to the zodiac they use.  Note the word: CONSTELLATION.

B) Astrologers using the Western Tropical astrology use a zodiac consisting of 12 signs of 30 degrees each. Read what follows and emblazon this on your heart: SIGNS ARE NOT CONSTELLATIONS.  CONSTELLATIONS ARE NOT SIGNS. 

C) Astronomers have no authority over astrologers and vice versa. So your question is moot. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.