Spike
Spike asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 4 weeks ago

It Always Say To Save Money Wash When It A Full Load, What If That Will Be A While?

When it always going to take a while for next full, whether it clothes or dishes. What do people, who might not have a family of their own, single or whatever their life like. Do they just like go wash the clothes in medium or small load, after a week and half to little more then two weeks? The same  with the dishes, when it not a lot each day and no need to own a dishwasher.

What is the best spin cycle that quick and dry more on the clothes?

Just wondering how is it for people like that??

My machines work for me. I try for 70%- 90% but if a small load (of clothes) is all I have, then small it is. Dishes can be done by hand. That also saves money.

• A

I am a single person household, I do a wash twice a week, if my load is small I look around at kitchen towels, tablecloths, bureau scarves, etc to make a full load, I can throw in curtains in a pinch

• drip

Do you have your own washer and dryer? Then do small loads. A top load washer usually have a small load cycle, so the tub doesn’t fill full with water.  A front load washer is already energy efficient. Feel free to do a small or very large load.

With less clothes in the dryer you can run it for a shorter period of time. 

I would not be saving up my clothes for a week or two and shoving them all in together for a full load. 

For knits, t-shirts use a low spin. A high spin can stretch out your clothes.  For jeans and towels use a high spin.  

I pay a lot for my clothes and my husband’s clothes. His shirt are from Jos.A.Banks and they are pricey.  I do a load only of his dress shirts.   I make sure I take care washing them so they last longer. I wash some of my stuff by itself. 

I hang to dry a lot of my clothes. Dryers can do wear and tear on clothes.  Especially sweaters. 

If your garment is a little stuff after air dying, put in the dryer for a few minutes on fluff or low heat,

Dishwasher. With colds, illness or this virus I put everything into the dishwasher.  I don’t hand wash anything any more.  But normally I would hand wash some plates or coffee cups It isn’t a big deal.  Most days it is just me and my husband. 

My mom lives alone and runs her dishwasher once a week.

If you are cooking, you can out all pots and pans in the dishwasher and run it every other day. 

You can cut the dry cycle on most dishwashers.  That would save some time and energy.